Sanitas Healthplan Basic
Whilst you are in Spain, Sanitas Basic Plan will cover your entire primary Health care, specialist care and diagnostic tests, offering a Personalised service through a specific network of doctors and clinics. Emergency medical attention of up to €10,000 per person per claim anywhere in the world plus basic dental treatment within Spain.
This plan may be the correct choice if you already have your Spanish Social Security cover, as it will allow you quicker access to consultants, but will not cover you for hospitalisation or operations. The Basic plan is very low in cost. You will be required to pay €12 for each visit and for each diagnostic test you have done. This however is controlled with your Sanitas Membership Card, which is registered and swiped by the waiting room receptionist at each visit to the doctor. A quarterly statement (co-payments only) will be issued by post.
You can choose from a wide range of professionals with 100% cover of medical fees, the use of over 27,200 specialists and 517 private clinics throughout Spain, for outpatient consultations, diagnostic tests and home emergency visits.
Bi-lingual client helplines manned by English and Spanish speaking operators.
Policy documents are in English and come bundled with a network directory book to let you know which of our doctors and specialists within the Sanitas network speak English.
Travel assistance is included up to a limit of €10,000 per person, per claim. In conjunction with Europ Assistance, you will be provided with an emergency telephone number in case you need medical assistance whilst travelling.
With Sanitas you have access to a wide range of medical centres, Offering the best treatment and medical services available in Spain.
What is covered?
- From only €16* per month you have access to a complete range of doctors and professionals on an outpatient basis.
- Primary Medicine: General Medicine, Paediatrics, Nursing Services and emergencies.
- Access to all medical specialties: Orthopaedic Surgery, Ophthalmology, Obstetrics, Gynaecology, Dermatology, General Surgery and Digestive System Surgery.
- Diagnostic tests and therapies: Clinical Analysis, Human Pathology, Aerosol Therapy, Ventioltherapy and Chemotherapy.
- PET/CAT – advanced technology permitting more precise diagnosis for the detection of tumours.
- Foreign Travel Medical Assistance: in collaboration with Europ Assistance and up to a limit of €10,000 per person, per claim.
- Basic Dental Cover: including checkups, x-rays, extractions and yearly teeth cleaning.All other services carry a 40% discount to market price and are applicable if you contract the full dental cover.
- Total assistance from our own hospitals and medical centres throughout Spain: Boasting the latest technology, such as the Hospital Zarzuela, the Sanitas Hospital La Moraleja and the Millennium Centres (14 throughout Spain), where you will receive preferential and personalised treatment.
- Otoacoustic emissions: A diagnostic test for new born babies to detect deafness whilst they are still in hospital.
- A wide range of services with quality assistance and 100% cover for medical expenses using our Sanitas network of professional doctors and hospitals. We have 28,000 specialists and 527 private Sanitas Health Centres throughout Spain.
- We speak your language: there is a special medical network of doctors speaking English, German and Spanish and these are listed in your Sanitas network directory book.
- A bi-lingual client helpline, where you’ll get superfast help in English or Spanish for anything relating to your Sanitas Health Policy.
- Documents are in English and Spanish: the General Conditions and the Private Conditions of your policy, plus the Sanitas Network directory book are all available in both languages.
- Preventative Medicine Programmes: such as the Mother & Baby Programme and the Family Planning Programme.
- PET/CAT: advanced technology to obtain more precise diagnosis for tumours.
There are no waiting periods for the Basic HealthPlan policy except for high technology diagnostic tests which have a waiting period of six months. However, vital out-patient emergencies are covered immediately. Remember the Basic Plan does NOT cover hospitalisation.
- Dental Cover is optional.
Annual payments receive a 4% discount.
Bi-annual payments receive a 2% discount.
Co-payments are additional contributions made towards each medical service provided which allow Sanitas to keep premiums as low as possible:
Emergency home visits ………… €24
Sanitas 24 hours …………….. €1
Other services …………….. €12
- There is a contractual age limit of up to 74 years of age. After the age of 75 a one-off surcharge will initially be made when contracting the Basic Plan policy.
- No upper age limit for cover once contracted
Optional full dental cover (supplement)
*Prices vary depending on age and location. Terms and conditions apply.