Sanitas Healthplan Classic
Sanitas Health Plan is specifically designed for expatriates who are living in Spain. We have a specialised bi-lingual network of doctors, specialists and hospitals, all of which are available to cater for your outpatient visits, as well as inpatient treatment, surgery and hospital accommodation.
You are entitled to seek a second medical opinion which enables you to consult the most renowned international specialists to obtain their opinion on serious illnesses.
This plan is for all health eventualities, so it suits those with no other health cover. The classic plan is by far our most popular cover. As per the Basic plan it is very reasonably priced, so again there are co-payments on this policy. €12 for each visit and for each diagnostic test you have done on an outpatient basis, €24 for hospitalisation but this is per occurrence and not per day, €7.80 for physiotherapy. This allows Sanitas to keep the premiums low. If you don´t use your insurance you are paying less, but if you use it you pay a little more.
- Choose from a wide range of professionals.
- 100% cover of medical fees, access to over 27,200 specialists and 517 private centres throughout Spain.
- Bi-lingual client helpline, manned by English and Spanish operators.
- Policy documents in English with your own guide to which doctors within the Sanitas network speak English.
- Emergency medical attention provided up to €10,000 per person, per claim. This is provided in conjunction with Europ Assistance and you will be provided with a dedicated emergency telephone number to call for assistance, when travelling outside Spain.
- With Sanitas you’ll have access to a wide range of medical centres, where you will receive preferential treatment and where all medical services required are provided in the same centre.
What is covered?
- Affordable health care: from only €38.08* per month you will have access to a complete health plan.
- Travel assistance: Up to €10,000 per person, per claim whilst travelling outside of Spain, worldwide, in collaboration with Europ Assistance.
- Primary Health Care: General Medicine, Paediatrics, Nursing Service and emergencies.
- Access to all specialties: Orthopaedic surgery, Ophthalmology, Obstetrics, Gynaecology, Dermatology, General Surgery and Digestive System Surgery.
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Tests: Clinical Analysis, Human Pathology, Aerosol Therapy, Ventilotherapy and Chemotherapy.
- Basic Dental Cover: including basic checkups, x-rays, extractions and yearly teeth cleaning. All other services carry a 40% discount to market price and are applicable if you contract the full dental cover.
- Hospitalisation within our own wide range of medical centres and hospitals, all of which are equipped with state-of-the-art technology, such as La Zarzuela hospital, Sanitas La Moraleja Hospital and the Millennium Centres. These offer both clinical excellence and specialised and personalised treatment.
- Second medical opinion: when suffering from a serious illness such as cancer, your diagnosis will be sent for a second opinion from top professionals.
- ORL Laser Treatment: a more precise form of surgery which results in a faster recovery time for the patient.
- Monofocal intraocular lens: this treatment is available for cataract surgery (only available if the treatment has been prescribed by a specialist within the Sanitas network of doctors).
- A comprehensive level of cover, with 100% cover of medical expenses, using our Sanitas network of professional doctors and hospitals. There are 28,000 specialists and 527 private Sanitas Centres available throughout Spain.
- We speak your language: use of our special network of doctors speaking English, German and Spanish, all of which are listed in your guide book.
- Bi-lingual client help line – you can obtain assistance in English or Spanish for any queries in relation to your Sanitas Health Policy.
- Documents are in English and Spanish: the General Conditions and the Private Conditions of your policy, plus the Guidebook are all available in both languages
- Preventative Medicine Programmes: such as the Mother & Baby Programme and the Family Planning Programme.
- PET/CAT: advanced technology to obtain more precise diagnosis for tumours.
- Dental Supplement discounts: you have the option to take additional dental cover, with access to many dental treatments. Some services are free of charge and the remainder come with up to a 40% discount.
- Additional health services: when you are a member of Sanitas you will have access to services such as laser excimer, aesthetic solutions, assisted reproduction or medical check-ups at very beneficial prices. For more information call 951255737 or 656628370.
- Exclusive attention from the Sanitas hospitals and centres, where you can attend consultations or undergo diagnostic tests, all in one centre and using the latest technology.
- Service Authorisation: The consultation process is now fast and simple as it is no longer necessary to obtain authorisation for the majority of services provided by Sanitas.
- Sanitas responds: there is a free, personalised health advice and support hotline for people with a medical condition that requires regular follow-ups or ongoing care.
- Sanitas welcome: a 24-hour service hotline to simplify the processing of claims.
- SMS Service: this is now available to remind you of your next visit to your doctor, for your vaccinations, or to advise you of the pharmacists doctors and hospitals closest to you.
- Allergies / immune system
- Human Pathology
- Anaesthesia and Resuscitation
- Cardiac Surgery
- Gastric Surgery
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Paediatric surgery
- Reconstructive and Plastic Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Care of the Elderly
- Internal Medicine
- Nuclear Medicine/Radioactive Isotopic Medicine
- New Born Pathology
- Obstetrics (Midwifery)
- Ear, Nose and Throat Medicine
- Colorectal Surgery
- Trauma/Orthopaedic Surgery
- Doctors, surgeons and consultants
- Aerosol therapies and ventilotherapy
- Kidney dialysis
- Lithotrity of the bladder
- Speech therapy
- Oxygen therapy
- Treatment for pain
- Waiting Times
|All Vital Emergencies||INMEDIATE|
|Outpatient Surgery||3 months|
|High Technology Diagnostic Tests||6 months|
|Other Therapeutic Methods (Chemotherapy etc)||6 months|
|Sterilisation or vasectomy||8 months|
|Hospitalisation (including birth)||8 months|
|Hospitalisation with Surgery||10 months|
|Bariatric Surgery||70 months|
The standard contractual age is up to 74 years. From 75 years of age a one-off surcharge will be made when initially contracting the Classic Plan. There is no upper age limit for maintaining your health cover, once contracted.
A basic level of dental cover is provided with your Classic Plan insurance. Full dental cover is an added extra.
|Annual payments:||4% discount|
|Bi annual payments:||2% discount|
Co-payments are an additional payment made by you for each treatment or visit, which allow Sanitas to keep our premiums as low as possible:
|Sanitas 24 hours:||€1.00|
|Intraocular monofocal lens:||€11.70|
|All other services:||€12.00|
*Prices vary depending on age and location. Terms and conditions apply.