Sanitas Primero offers a complete outpatient service (Consultations, diagnostic tests and therapies) all at a reduced premium.
Surgical operations that do not require hospitalisation are also included in this policy (interventions of this kind represent approximately 44% of all surgical operations).
If hospitalisation is required for a hospital stay or for surgery (emergency situations not applicable) you will have to contribute to the cost of the service required. These services need to be arranged prior to the date of hospital admission.
The costs of these services vary depending on the type of service required and are divided into 3 categories:
LEVEL 1. €1000 Hospitalisation without surgical intervention.
LEVEL 2. €2000 Surgical operation e.g. caesarean birth.
LEVEL 3. €3000 Major surgical operations e.g. open heart operations.
You will need to know the corresponding level of service that you require when arranging your admission to hospital.
Should you need to undergo more than one surgical procedure at the same time, you will be charged for the surgery that has been classified as the most critical.
What is covered?
- General Medicine: General Medicine, Paediatrics, Nursing and emergencies.
- Access to all medical specialties: Paediatrics, Ophthalmology, Dermatology, Orthopaedics, Gynaecology, Obstetrics (midwifery) etc.
- Diagnostic tests and therapies: Clinical analysis nursing service, emergency service, ambulance service, anatomic pathology, aerosol- therapy, ventilo-therapy, chemotherapy, psychology, gynaecology, paediatrics, ophthalmologist (oculist) and special attention in the home.
- Surgical interventions and hospitalisation at special prices.
- Sanitas have the best hospitals, medical centres and professionals in our health network: Hospitals such as The Zarzuela (Madrid), La Moraleja (Madrid), and the Millenium Centres throughout Spain are all equipped with state of the art technology and the latest equipment, where you will receive personalised treatment at all times.
- Psychology: Sanitas is a pioneer in incorporating this service. You can receive individual treatment for mental health issues such as anorexia, stress, depression, marital problems and insomnia.
- Second Medical Opinion: Clients can opt for a second medical opinion for serious chronic illnesses such as cancer from renowned international prestigious Specialists.
- Sanitas Responds: Free client help line, personalised for people needing special continuing care after being hospitalised.
- Foreign Travel Emergency Medical Assistance: Foreign emergency medical help is provided in collaboration with EUROP ASSISTANCE and covers you up to a limit of €12,000 per person.
- Sanitas 24 Hours: With just one call you can arrange a consultation with a Medical Professional, to discuss any doubts or questions you may have regarding your or your family´s health.
- Sanitas Welcome: 24 HOUR CLIENT HELP LINE where you can resolve any administration queries.
- Health Programmes: Sanitas wants to take more care of their clients, at every stage of their lives, with programmes such as the Mother & Baby Programme, the Cardiovascular Programmes, special units for genetic heart conditions and the genetic diagnostic unit.
- Hospitalisation: Individual Hospital rooms and a bed for a companion (except in cases of hospitalisation for psychological problems).
- Protection for the Family: In the event that the policy holder dies, the other beneficiaries also covered by the policy will not have to pay the premium for one year.
- Exclusive attention: In the Sanitas Hospitals and Medical Centres. In the Hospital Sanitas La Zarzuela, Sanitas Hospital La Moraleja and in the Millennium Centres, you can have all your consultations and diagnostic tests carried out in the same centre, using all the latest technological equipment.
- Future Fathers: There is also help to prepare the father-to-be.
- Basic Dental Cover: including checkups, x-rays, fillings, fissure sealing, apicoectomies, occlusal anaylsis, re-adhesion of prosthetic teeth, removal of cysts, abscess drainage, fluoridisation, extractions and yearly teeth cleaning. All other services carry a 40% discount to market price.
- Authorisation for services: It is not necessary to have prior authorisation from Sanitas for most of the health services that Sanitas provides.
- Other Health Services: Sanitas can also provide other services such as Excimer laser treatment, aesthetic solutions, assisted reproduction and medical check-ups at very attractive prices.
Services and Specialties included:
- Clinical Analysis
- Genetic Studies.
- Anatomical Pathology
- Anaesthetics and Resuscitation
- Angiology and Vascular Surgery
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Gastric Surgery
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery
- Paediatric Surgery
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Endocrinology and Nutrition
- Care of the Elderly (Geriatrics)
- Haematology and Hemotherapy
- Internal Medicine
- Nuclear Medicine/Radioactive Isotopes
- PET and CT scans
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Medical Oncology
- Radiotherapy Oncology
- Radiodiagnostics – Diagnostic Imaging
- Home visits
- Maternity Clinics
- Speech therapy
- Doctors, Surgeons and Consultations
- Ante-natal care
- Respiratory Medicine
- Pain relief
high tech diagnostic tests
Hospitalisation with Surgery
Sterilisation or vasectomy
Are there any age limits on the Primero plan?
The maximum contractual age is 75 years. Once the contract is in place, there is no upper age limit for the policy to remain in force.
How much are the Co-payments for the Primero plan?
The Co-payments for the Primero Plan are as follows:
- Emergencies: No Co-payments until you use the service for the tenth time in the same year. The Co-payment will be €10 on the tenth service used.
- Rehabilitation: No Co-payments until you use the service for the thirtieth (30th) time in the same year. The Co-payment will be €6 on the thirtieth service used.
- All other services are €5 per service used.
Are there any discounts available?
Discounts are applicable according to the number of people insured under this policy, Additional discounts are available according to your Premium payment options:
5 or more insured on the policy
Elderly discount: If you are over 65 years of age and youv’e been with Sanitas or Bupa for longer than 25 years then you’ll receive an extra 5% discount.
Premiums valid until 31/01/2014. all premiums vary slighlty depending on the age and location of the insured.
Consultation in the General Terms and Conditions of the Primero plan product detail all applicable copayments and reimbursement schedules.